Great opportunity to learn new approaches and dust off and refine time tested approaches.” ~Maggie Smith, Mary Kay Cosmetics
“Best presentation I ever attended! Very valuable information, can’t wait to implement some strategies I learned.” ~Pat Heineman, Showcase Portable Exhibits
The Prince William Business Academy is results-oriented, focused on providing information that you can apply to your own business–ideal for new entrepreneurs, growing companies and anybody seeking professional development. Each session features topic experts who introduce you to proven strategies for business success. Listed below are the session dates for the Spring 2014 Term.
All courses take place on Thursday mornings at Chamber Headquarters, 8:15-10:30 a.m.
September 9th:Your Customers Make Your Company – The Hidden Power of Your Customer List
Presented by Sherri Arnaiz, Sherri Arnaiz Web Design, Branding, Advertising & Marketing
How to create, build & manage a customer list that will take your business to the next level.
- Determining the type of information
- Deciding on the uses
- Organizing the information
- Defining & implementing a plan of action
September 25th: Sales 101 For Professional Services: Entry Level to Managing Partners.
Presented by Jim DiModica, APT Impact
- Building a stable foundation for success;
- Marketing & selling your services;
- Building and working referrals;
- Proposals do’s and don’ts;
- Proposal follow up and closing techniques
October 9th: LinkedIn: You Have a Profile Page, Now What?
Presented by Liz Witt-Lee, Organized Solutions of N. VA.
- Enhance your profile and use it to stage yourself as an expert leader,
- Create partnerships — all with the goal of growing your business.
October 30th: Modern Web 2.0… Tools That Grow Business
Presented by Rebecca Barnes, Prince William Living
- The most useful applications to use in the workplace (Google Docs, DropBox, Evernote, etc.)
- Applications have been requested by Chamber members to learn how to use
November 6th: PR Boot Camp: Do-It-Yourself Press Releases and Marketing Musts!
Presented by Mona Austin, Jireh Communications Group
November 20th: E-Verify
Presented by Dave Basham, Homeland Security | Management & Program Analyst, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security
- 50 minute presentation
- 10 minute break
- 20 minutes go into the public and live system…… navigate and show all the inner goings on
- 10 minute presentation on ‘Self Check’
- 20 minutes - hands-on
The cost per session is $25 for Chamber members, $50 for non-members. Price includes breakfast and materials. Members…Signing up for three or more sessions or sending multiple employees? Call 703-368-6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In high school or college? Join us for real-world business lessons! Ask about student discounts.
…and to Imagine for designing the Prince William Business Academy logo.