“Best presentation I’ve ever attended! Very valuable information, can’t wait to implement some strategies I learned.” ~Pat Heineman, Showcase Portable Exhibits
The Prince William Business Academy is results-oriented, focused on providing information that you can apply to your own business–ideal for new entrepreneurs, growing companies and anybody seeking professional development. Each session features topic experts who introduce you to proven strategies for business success. Listed below are the session dates for the Fall 2016 Term.
All courses take place at Chamber Headquarters; time of day varies. Take note: Lunch Time Sessions Now Available!
September 1: September is Disaster Preparedness Month. Does Your Business Have a Survival Plan?
Presenter: Deb Jewell, Sharp Communication Services and Bonnie Fulford, Disaster Preparedness, Volunteer Prince William & American Red Cross
According to the Institute for Business & Home Safety, an estimated 25% of businesses do not reopen following a major disaster. You can protect your business by identifying the risks associated with natural & man-made disasters, and by creating a plan for action.
- Discussion: Emergency Preparedness Strategies
- Where are you now? American Red Cross – Ready Rating Tool
- Table Top Scenario Exercise
September 22: How to Create a Memorable Presentation
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Presenters: Bruce Moore, Internet Ad Management and Peggy Kimmey, Prince William Chamber of Commerce
Chances are there will be some time (if not many) in your business career when you will speak to an audience, create a PowerPoint, and/or network to make a strong initial impression. We’re bringing in the pros to teach you strategies on how to capture the attention of potential customers!
• Capitalize on Your Few Minutes of Fame
• The Formula for a Powerful Elevator Pitch
• Putting a Stop to “Death by PowerPoint”
Presenters: Rodney Loges & Jenn Mathis, Founders, One Degree Capital
If your business finances and financing options are a mystery to you, you may be missing opportunities to grow or worse, spending money unnecessarily! Learn how to take control of your business’ destiny by demystifying your small business finances and financing options.
- Learn 3 key elements that make your business attractive to lenders and investors
- Identify 4 critical financial steps to gain – and keep – control of your business’ hard earned money (whether or not you get a loan)
- Discover the #1 reason your bank won’t likely approve your business loan, and the 5 alternatives
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Presenter: Paul Davis, JANUS Think
Understanding the Sales Process: Compare the difference in sales techniques as they apply to your business and how they impact revenue.
- Nature of Sales: products or services or products and services
- Sales Cycles: Understanding the cycle, unique selling proposition (USP), and direct vs indirect sales
- Billing & Pricing: Fixed/tiered vs billable hours: how to price services/products
November 3rd: eVA: How to Sell to the Commonwealth
8:30-11:30 a.m. (Special 3-Hour Session)
Presenter: Kimberly Madison, eVA Marketing & Outreach Manager
This workshop will provide a high level overview of the Commonwealth’s purchasing process, including policies that affect how buyers use the eVA system to “shop.” You’ll learn how to identify buyers who are buying what you sell, determine prices being paid for goods/services you provide, determine who’s getting business (is it you or your competition) and more!
- Tour eVA’s new tool, B2B Connect—where businesses meet, connect & collaborate
- Navigating eVA’s FREE public reports
- Interactive LIVE demo & walk-through
November 17: Make Every Action Count
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Presenter: Mark Shaaber, Vision Finders
How can a business owner or busy non-profit executive take actions that have a direct impact on the bottom line and still be highly effective at all of the other things that absolutely have to happen. Cut through the noise and find a moment of clarity.
- Grow your resources (Money, Time, People, Stuff)
- Easy planning that pays you back
- Create a learning organization
The cost per session is $25 for Chamber members, $50 for non-members. Price includes refreshments and materials. Click on individual session titles to register.
Special thanks to our 2016 Business Academy Sponsors:
…and to Imagine for designing the Prince William Business Academy logo.
Looking for months worth of promotion? Contact Suzanne Lewis at email@example.com for sponsorship details.