Great opportunity to learn new approaches and dust off and refine time tested approaches.” ~Maggie Smith, Mary Kay Cosmetics
“Best presentation I ever attended! Very valuable information, can’t wait to implement some strategies I learned.” ~Pat Heineman, Showcase Portable Exhibits
The Prince William Business Academy is results-oriented, focused on providing information that you can apply to your own business–ideal for new entrepreneurs, growing companies and anybody seeking professional development. Each session features topic experts who introduce you to proven strategies for business success. Listed below are the session dates for the Fall 2014 Term.
All courses take place at Chamber Headquarters, 8:15-10:30 a.m.
Since your customers make your company, you will learn during a hands-on workshop how to create, build & manage a customer list that will take your business to the next level.
- What information to gather;
- Software options for list management;
- How to build your list and expand your audience;
- How to use your list to keep in touch and drive sales.
September 25th: Sales 101 For Professional Services: Entry Level to Managing Partners
Taught by Jim DiModica, APT Impact
- Building a stable foundation for success;
- Marketing & selling your services;
- Building and working referrals;
- Proposals do’s and don’ts;
- Proposal follow up and closing techniques.
October 9th: LinkedIn: You Have a Profile Page, Now What?
Taught by Liz Witt-Lee, Organized Solutions of N. VA.
- Enhance your profile and use it to stage yourself as an expert leader,
- Create partnerships — all with the goal of growing your business.
October 30th: Modern Web 2.0… Tools That Grow Business
Taught by Rebecca Barnes, Prince William Living
Ever meet someone and wonder how they get is all done? You will be shown how to manage your business and personal life with these easy tools to include: Google Docs, DropBox, Evernote, Doodle Poll, Microsoft Outlook, and more. BRING YOUR LAPTOPS!
Taught by Mona Austin, Jireh Communications Group
- Understanding Your Audience: In the Newsroom & the Public
- Structure & Content of an Effective Press Release
- Extending Your Brand for the Small Business Owner
- You’ve Sent the Press Release — Now What?
November 20th: E-Verify
Taught by Dave Basham, Homeland Security | Management & Program Analyst, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security
You’ll be shown how to navigate E-Verify, the Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. There will be a hands-on opportunity for you to run yourself through “Self-Check” a service to check your own work eligibility.
The cost per session is $25 for Chamber members, $50 for non-members. Price includes breakfast and materials. Members…Signing up for three or more sessions or sending multiple employees? Call 703-368-6600 or email email@example.com.
In high school or college? Join us for real-world business lessons! Ask about student discounts.
…and to Imagine for designing the Prince William Business Academy logo.