Great opportunity to learn new approaches and dust off and refine time tested approaches.” ~Maggie Smith, Mary Kay Cosmetics
“Best presentation I ever attended! Very valuable information, can’t wait to implement some strategies I learned.” ~Pat Heineman, Showcase Portable Exhibits
The Prince William Business Academy is results-oriented, focused on providing information that you can apply to your own business–ideal for new entrepreneurs, growing companies and anybody seeking professional development. Each session features topic experts who introduce you to proven strategies for business success. Listed below are the session dates for the Spring 2015 Term.
All courses take place at Chamber Headquarters, 8:15-10:30 a.m.
March 10: Creating Actionable Goals the SMART Way
Walk away with a starting action plan!
Speaker: Nicole Chamblin, Visions Productivity Solutions
- SMART goals principles;
- Demo a powerful free tool for building SMART goals called Lifetick;
- Show how to use the system to set up goals, send reminders for actions that can be synced to a calendar and prioritized.
March 26: How to Make 6 $Figures Using Social Media
Speaker: Jennifer Jessie, No Blue Creative
- Determine what social media site your business should be on to make the most impact;
- Create a profitable and sustainable social media plan for your business;
- Get more leads and opportunities;
- Get your message out to the right people, at the right time, at the right price.
April 9: Money Smarts for Small Business
Speaker: Arun Sareen, Sareen & Associates
- Role of accounting in driving your business;
- Develop the dashboard through meaningful accounting;
- Make your numbers reliable.
April 23: Networking: It’s Not About You
Speaker: Ramunda Young, NVCC – Manassas.
- Do’s and don’ts;
- Develop a strategy – finding prospects & referrals;
- Next steps after the introduction.
Creating Your Elevator Speech
Speaker: Sidney “ST” Billingsley, Steve’s Auto Repair.
- What is it and who needs it;
- How to put yours together;
- Make it memorable.
May 12: Be a Media Magnet
Speaker: Christina Daves, PR for Anyone
- Discover the secrets of getting the attention of the media in just minutes;
- Get the media “green light” for your PR emails vs being deleted — often before being read;
- Avoid the fatal PR mistakes;
- Discover the secrets to getting your idea noticed immediately.
May 21: Helping Companies Do Business with the Government
Speaker: Frank Toth: George Mason University, Procurement Technical Assistance Program
- Contracting: one-on-one counseling services;
- Procurement: educational seminars;
- Market Research: agency awards & acquisition forecasts;
- Bid Matching Services.
The cost per session is $25 for Chamber members, $50 for non-members. Price includes breakfast and materials. Members…Signing up for three or more sessions or sending multiple employees? Call 703-368-6600 or email email@example.com.
In high school or college? Join us for real-world business lessons! Ask about student discounts.
…and to Imagine for designing the Prince William Business Academy logo.