The Harvey Simon Virginia Living History Celebration!
Saturday, May 17, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
For the entire family. Drop in. No tickets required. Throughout the day:
• Churn butter and try your hand at making rope with Mahone’s Forge.
• See artifacts from the National Museum of the Marine Corps and try on Marine combat uniforms.
•Play colonial games with representatives from Rippon Lodge.
• See historical artifacts from the “modern” medicine of the Civil War.
• Make “sailor valentines” with the National Museum of the United States Navy.
• Watch the Piedmont Lace Guild demonstrate the intricate art of lacemaking.
• The Cabin Branch Quilters will demonstrate beautiful hand quilting.
11:00 a.m. Rappahannock Colonial Heritage Dancers get up and dance colonial style with the dance master of The Central Rappahannock Colonial Dancers.
11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. Meet Trooper Ed Dandar and his cavalry horse “Rocky,” from the Black Horse Cavalry.
11:00a.m.–1:00p.m Meet Pirates Rob and Amy Avast me hearties! It’s a-pirating we go with these singing pirates!
1:00 p.m. Jennie Avila Sings Songs from United States History Discover our country’s history through song as this lively children’s musician sings about everything from pirates to presidents!
2:30 p.m. Marfe Ferguson Delano, author of “MasterGeorge’s People ‘: George Washington, His Slaves, and His Revolutionary Transformation.
For more information about this program, visit Chinn Park Regional Library, 13065 Chinn Park Drive, Woodbridge, VA, or call 703-792-4800 or TTY (703-792-4876) or at our website www.pwcgov.org/library.