Date: December 14, 2017
Contact: Andrea Short, Director of Marketing & Communications
Prince William Chamber of Commerce
Prince William Chamber Seeks Business Awards Nominations
Manassas, VA- The Prince William Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for their 2018 Business Awards and Agnes L. Colgan Community Service Awards, now through December 31. Nomination forms are available online at pwchamber.org/events/business-awards. Forms may be filled out online, or downloaded for later. Business people and Prince William County/Manassas area residents are encouraged to nominate their favorite local businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
- Excellence in Small Business Award (1-10 Employees)
- Business Excellence Award (11 + Employees)
- Emerging Business of the Year
- Innovative Practice or Partnership of the Year
- Community Outreach Award
- Excellence in Hospitality & Tourism Award
- Excellence in F/I/RE (Finance, Insurance, Real Estate) Award
- Tech Company of the Year
- Agnes L. Colgan Community Service Awards: Awarded to 2 not-for-profit organizations making a demonstrable contribution to the quality of life in the Greater Prince William region. Each award is accompanied by a check for $1,000 to continue the winner’s work. Awards are given in 2 sub-categories: Arts & Education or Health & Human Services.
(For more information view the list of categories & criteria)
Business Award winners will be announced during the Prince William Chamber of Commerce Business Awards dinner on February 28, 2018, 6:00-9:00 p.m. at the Hylton Performing Arts Center in Manassas. The awards ceremony will feature guest MC Jennifer Nycz-Conner, Editor-at-Large, Washington Business Journal. For more information or to purchase tickets to the awards dinner, call the Chamber at 703-368-6600.
Winners will be chosen by the Business Award Selection Committee, comprised of members of the Chamber’s Board of Directors. For the 3rd year in a row the Chamber Board will also select the recipient of the Charles J. Colgan Visionary Award.
About the Prince William Chamber of Commerce:
The Prince William Chamber of Commerce is the strongest voice for the business community in the Washington, DC Metropolitan region. Together with our diverse membership, representing nearly 70,000 employees we work to create an environment where business and people thrive. To accomplish this, we focus our efforts in the key areas of business growth, economic development, advocacy, education and community outreach. In this way, we are building a solid foundation for the success of our business members and our community. For more information, visit our website at www.pwchamber.org or call the Prince William Chamber at 703-368-6600.