Potomac Shores Golf Club is hiring!!
You may apply online on Facebook at Potomac Shores Golf Club under “jobs” or in person at 1750 Dunnington PL. Dumfries, VA 22026.
Develops, implements and maintains quality standards for restaurant facility, including supervision and direction of service staff. Effectively monitors the daily operations of the Food and Beverage Banquet department, including providing support and guidance to all banquet, conventions and catering personnel to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience.
– Organizes and conducts pre-shift meetings to review specials, menu changes, house counts, etc.
– Ensures that the restaurant and restaurant facilities are kept clean, well stocked and organized.
Checks the maintenance of all equipment in the restaurant and schedules needed maintenance and
– Circulates throughout the restaurant facilities and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to
ensure food quality and service standards are met.
– Greets guests at tables to ensure complete customer satisfaction attention to guest needs.
– Ensures established cash handling procedures are utilized to accurately charge customers.
– Creates revenue forecasts and reports. Monitors restaurant budget.
– Oversees daily restaurant activities to include: serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests, room
service and general clerical/cashier duties.
– Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating
performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
– Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Food and Beverage
Supervisor, Host, Server, Cashier.
– Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing
training programs and tests for comprehension.
– Regular and reliable attendance.
– Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
– Reviews all Banquet Event Orders on a daily basis to determine staffing levels, location set-up,
related supplies and decorating materials.
– Ensures events are set up on time, the quality of the product and level of service delivered.
– Maintains and improves on an ongoing basis the presentation of all events at the facility.
– Processes banquet checks and related documents in accordance with established accounting policies
and procedures to include recording events on the POS system.
– Responsible for maintaining inventory, storage areas, and preparation of inventory reports as well as
preparation of proposals for significant expenditures such as new theme parties, equipment, etc.
Bachelor’s degree (BA) and or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Experience managing personnel.
Frequently stands, walks, uses hands, reaches with hands and arms, climbs, balances, talks, and hears.
Regularly sits. Occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches or crawls, tastes or smells. Frequently lifts 10
pounds; regularly lifts 25 pounds; and occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds.
Occasionally works in extreme cold or heat (non-weather), wet or humid conditions (non-weather). May
risk electrical shock and come into contact with toxic or caustic chemicals. Occasionally works near
moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places. Regularly works in outdoor weather conditions.
Noise level is moderate.
Driver’s License may be required. Alcohol Service Training, Food safety and applicable sanitation training.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the
associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the
manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and POS system
Full-time · $35,000 – $45,000 / hour