Chamber members are coming together to make sure we can all stay safe and keep business moving forward. Click a title to see member offers. Click the title again to close the area.
Thanks to your efforts, the Chamber’s and our Federal, State and Local representatives, the SBA officially declared an Economic Disaster Relief Area for businesses suffering because of the current coronavirus crisis!
- Your business may be eligible for emergency grants and loans. To find out, visit https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela, call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, for information on SBA disaster assistance.
- For a detailed explanation of SBA’s Disaster Loans, read the SBA’s Three Step Process Factsheet: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/…/Three_Step_Process_SBA_Disas…
- Read more in our 3/19 PWChamber Alert 2020: https://conta.cc/2WrJ1vt
Loans – Information Provided by FVCbank
The Economic Injury Disaster Loan program is being offered by the Small Business Administration. It is important to note, any business that wishes to obtain a disaster loan will apply directly to the SBA through their application portal, https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/ all requests are processed and funded by the SBA. Here are some key points:
- Loan amounts are available up to $2,000,000 and will be provided in the form of term loans only, no lines of credit.
- Purpose is restricted to working capital only. Funds can be used to make existing debt payments, however, cannot be used for payments to federally insured loans (existing SBA loans), for existing federally insured loans, the borrower must request a payment different from their respective financial institution. Business expansion; equipment purchase or funding prior year losses are not eligible uses.
- Terms up to 30 years with NO prepayment penalties.
- Interest rates are 3.75% fixed for eligible for profit businesses and 2.75% for eligible nonprofit businesses (please refer to the PowerPoint for business type eligibility).
- Loans up to $25,000 do not require collateral.
- For loan amounts over $25,000 the SBA will place liens on available collateral including but not limited to business assets and real estate, however, no consideration will be given to the value of the collateral nor the position (second third or fourth lien).
- All fees for such loans are waived with the exception of pass-through expenses (lien search; recordation etc.)
- Current estimated timeline for processing is 18 – 21 days for a decision to be made, 30 – 45 days to close and fund.
- Loans will not be automatically approved, basic underwriting will apply and the company must be able to show ability to repay the debt on a historic basis.
Northwest Federal has announced:
- “We’d like to share with you the additional steps that we are taking to help keep our members, staff and community safe while providing you with continued access to your accounts.
- Our branches remain open to serve you. We ask that if you are not feeling well, you do not visit a branch.
- Please also note that our cash reserves and processes remain strong. We will have the cash you need at our ATMs and branches.
- As an alternative to visiting a branch, remember that most transactions can be conducted via Online or Mobile Banking, or by contacting our Member Service Center at 703-709-8900 or 844-709-8900 (toll-free.)
- We are continuing to take extra care in our branches to clean high-touch surfaces on a frequent basis. Also, the beverage service in our branches has been temporarily suspended.
- In response to recommendations from authorities regarding social distancing, our back office staff is conducting business and holding meetings remotely for at least the next two weeks.
- In addition to these efforts aimed to maintain health and safety, we are also offering a Relief Line of Credit for those who may experience financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We are here to help address any financial needs or concerns you may have.”
Prince William Food Rescue
- Restaurants may end up having excess ingredients or prepared foods that they wouldn’t have under normal operating conditions. Instead of throwing it in the trash, please consider donating through Prince William Food Rescue to our nonprofit partners who are feeding insecure families all over the community (PWC, Manassas, Manassas Park) – especially during this pandemic. When you have extra stuff, we can coordinate picking it up and delivering it to a distribution location using our Prince William Food Rescue app! Simply call us at 703-441-8606 x261 or upload your donation using our web form: https://admin.foodrescuehero.org/donations/intake/prince_william
- Food Rescue Heroes needed as volunteers to claim rescues and help move food. Simply download our app (Prince William Food Rescue), create a profile, and claim rescues when you can! It’s a great way to get out of the house for an hour and still follow social distancing guidelines!
- We appreciate your continued support of your local Firebirds. Please share the following on your social media sites, website & newsletters and feel free to share with any local resources.
- We’ve put together some of your favorite Firebirds menu items perfect for your entire family. Introducing Firebirds Family Meal Deal starting at $29.95 for 4 people.
- Choose options ranging from Wood Grilled Chicken, Cheeseburgers, Hand-breaded Chicken Tenders to Baby Back Ribs, Wood Grilled Salmon or Center Cut Sirloin. All meals include salad, entrée, side, bread and dessert.
- Place your order for Pickup – We’ll carefully prepare and package your meal. Call when you arrive for curbside pickup. Or place an order for Delivery. Your order will be delivered right to your doorstep.
- Find this promo information at:
- Preston’s Pub is open for carry out and delivery though UberEats, DoorDash & Postmates everyday from 12 noon til 8pm
- We are HMI Members and have gift cards. We are currently open for curbside sales of Bare Knuckle Whiskeys, Battle Standard 142 Gins, mixers, merchandise, and more Monday-Friday. We are also shipping spirits and merchandise to Virginia residents through our website’s store.
Business Development/Response/HR Assistance
HR Circle LLC: Sarah Torres-Ferrick
- Offering services (free) to chamber members to answer any HR questions Chamber members have regarding COVID-19.
- Topics range from how to keep workplaces safe to how to move to remote work.
- Contact: email@example.com and mention that you are a Chamber Member!
Xpress Copy & Graphics
- Xpress Copy & Graphics here in Culpeper VA would like to offer some discounted pricing on items/services that we are getting calls/orders for such as Emergency Literature, Signs, etc. We are offering a 15% Discount (PROMO Code March15)on these items and Expedited Processing along with Free Delivery. We are also offering Yard Signs at a 50% Discount (PROMO Code YS50). This has been especially helpful to the Medical Facilities in the area. Give us a call if we can help and we will make every effort to accommodate your needs as quickly as possible.
-Joe Woodward, Business Development Manager
Prince William County Department of Development Services
Support for Affected Workers
Governor Northam announced the following actions to protect working Virginians impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak:
We have both assistance for employers who are looking for employees but we can also help them find positions for anyone they’ve had to let go.
- No waiting for unemployment benefits.Governor Northam has directed the Commissioner of the Virginia Employment Commission to waive the one-week waiting period to ensure workers can receive benefits as soon as possible.
- Enhanced eligibility for unemployment.Workers may be eligible to receive unemployment benefits if an employer needs to temporarily slow or cease operations due to COVID-19. If a worker has been issued a notice to self-quarantine by a medical or public health official and is not receiving paid sick or medical leave from their employer, they may be eligible to receive unemployment benefits. In addition, a worker may be eligible for unemployment benefits if they must stay home to care for an ill family member and are not receiving paid family medical leave from their employer.
- Fewer restrictions.For individuals receiving unemployment insurance, Governor Northam is directing the Virginia Employment Commission to give affected workers special consideration on deadlines, mandatory re-employment appointments, and work search requirements.
The Office of the Governor is providing a Frequently Asked Questions guidefor workers that have been temporarily laid off or discharged during this public health crisis.
Support for Impacted Employers
- Regional workforce teams will be activated to support employers that slow or cease operations. Employers who do slow or cease operations will not be financially penalized for an increase in workers requesting unemployment benefits.
- The Governor is authorizing rapid response funding, through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, for employers eligible to remain open during this emergency. Funds may be used to clean facilities and support emergency needs.
- Governor Northam is directing all employers to follow U.S. Department of Labor guidance on workplace safety.
Medical Business Advice
- “As you may know, I am a retired Cardiologist, still a member of the Chamber. I’m not sure how much help I can be, but anything to do with Medical business would be something I could probably help with.”
-CJLeet, MD, firstname.lastname@example.org
McCall Studio Gallery
- Our McCall Studio computer Brand Identity Services are still available for community nonprofit, government, association, and business Digital Marketing enterprise needs. Contact us for a FREE initial meeting to build a strategy for your crisis communications and marketing needs, during this critical time. We are experts in marketing & communications and crisis communications. We celebrated 32 Years in Business this March! We are offering 20% off our Studio services to new Chamber Member customers during this crisis! Email us at: email@example.com and Call us at our cell: 610-805-7316. Our McCall Gallery retail division physical location is closed to the public currently, and taking any critical phone, and possible one-on-one appointments only – continuing to practice social distancing. We continue to practice daily and regular sanitizing/disinfecting cleanings. You can also still purchase your unique art gifts ONLINE at our retail online McCall Gallery on Etsy: http;//McCallStudioGallery.etsy.com. Thank you!
- Neighbors can support my retail small business through purchasing our Gallery museum art tours online ahead for the future at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/museum-art-tours-tickets-100205094134?ref=estw; purchasing gift cards ahead for future gallery purchases by calling us (we take online credit card payments); and by saving the dates for our future gallery events – follow us on Facebook at: McCall Studio Gallery Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/794729621021734/. If you are an artist, still send us photos of your art on email for a chance to be in our FUTURE Gallery Exhibits. You can prep frame your art during this crisis for a possible future Gallery show and event of your art, at our Gallery that typically features local and national/international artists monthly!
- Thank you, and stay healthy & safe during this time! If there is anything our Marketing Studio or Gallery retail division can do for you, please let us know!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Call us at Mobile: 610-805-7316, Visit our Websites: dmvisualstudio.com, www.dmvisualgallery.com,
- NEWS: http://mccallstudioDMVISUALLLC.mymediaroom.com/home.aspx
- Our VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZXc5g1EoiE&feature=youtu.be
- At Virginia Business, we understand small businesses and nonprofits are facing unique challenges never faced before. We want to help. For May or June, we will GIVE a small business or nonprofit of your choice a FREE ad in that issue with your purchase of an ad. We even can provide creative.
- For more details, contact:
The UPS Store / Didlake
- To support chamber members during this crisis, we have adjusted our discount for chamber members from 15% to 20% at The UPS Stores.
- Minuteman Press HQ has come up with a free advertising program called “Bounce Back USA”. It’s nationwide, but focused locally. Our local web page on which companies can place their ad and offers is: https://bouncebackusa.minuteman.com/locations/va/manassas/ I will be providing free posters about the program for any business that requests them.
Employment Enterprises, Inc
- Will your furloughed and laid off employees be there when the doors open again? What’s your backup plan? Employment Enterprises has the recruitment and workforce strategy you need for the upcoming recovery period. We specialize in custom strategy built in partnership with each of our clients. Don’t know where to start? We are offering a complimentary jump-start to your path to move forward.
- Contact us today to speak to a workforce specialist and get started, 703-361-2220 or email@example.com
Free Strategic Consulting
For businesses considered “non-essential”, we’re offering free one-hour consulting sessions to help them unlock new opportunities to either adapt or transform their businesses.
Free Web Development
We’ve already helped a handful of restaurants and breweries move their operations online, and for hardest-hit businesses (restaurants, breweries, wineries, tourism- or hospitality-related companies) with WordPress websites, we’re offering to expand their website to provide e-commerce for free.
We’re offering deferred, extended payment terms for other work that needs to be done now – but can’t be paid for now. Many businesses can’t afford to wait until they can afford to pay.
For a limited time, we’re offering 4 months free of Mailchimp’s recommended Standard plan to businesses new to Mailchimp or on free accounts who have never upgraded.
Lucky Dog Marketing
- We are offering free marketing services to restaurants, breweries & wineries to help them get through this. We’ll run a Facebook & Instagram ad campaign for free to promote their curbside, takeout and delivery services. We’ll connect that to a basic version of our automated messenger service to capture customer information to build a database the restaurant can use for marketing efforts going forward.
- Additionally, for restaurants, breweries & wineries that don’t already have online ordering we will set up a basic online ordering site for them for cost, $50/month. We can have up to 20 items on the menu. Payments are processed through Stripe. No contracts just trying to help people get through this problem.
- Finally we are offering free strategy sessions where we’ll share the strategies that we have put together for our clients in various niches to help them get through his time. We’ve have them for realtors, mortgage loan offices, wholesale food distributors, plumbers, HVAC, cleaners, IT, tutoring, gyms, yoga & pilates studios, crossfit, personal trainers, coaches, martial arts, custom apparel and many others. We’re happy to share them and businesses can implement the ideas for themselves or we’ll charge a reduced rate to implement and manage those services for them.
What’s Up Prince William
- What’s Up Prince William is offering free promotions for brick and mortar businesses. Those interested in being promoted can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are still open daily here. I was offering poster prints for local business at 40 percent off. It is just here at my location. Business don’t even need to come into our location. We can have them shipped directly to them. We are also doing free black and white prints for a school aged children up to 50 a day per family. This runs till the end of April.
Tele-Learning Assistance/Child Care
My Gym: Manassas
- “We are doing the best we can to try to provide income for our staff at this time. We have great staff who are well qualified to work with kids.
- If members have children at home that need care, we’d love to be able to match them up with our staff, so they can have income and the other member can have care coverage.”
- The Gainesville KinderCare has been named as an ESSENTAL CENTER and is currently accepting enrollment for families that need our care during all of this if you or someone you know is seek child care during these crazy time, please contact us.
- Our amazing teachers are here, trained and willing to provide some normalcy to you and your child. We are accredited and licensed and happy to serve you.
- We are abiding by all guidelines in place PLUS some, to ensure the wellbeing of your children and our staff.
- Open: Monday through Friday: 5:30am to 6:30pm
- 703-366-3020 or Gainesville@kingercare.com
Huntington Learning Center
- “Our center is remaining open for the foreseeable future. We have extended our hours to minimize the number of people in the center at one time, to align with Governor Northam’s request to keep gatherings to 10 or fewer people. We are here for new students who want to keep up with their academics in the next month (for now) while schools are closed and want to be a resource to families that still have to go to work while the student is home.
- Students can come take an Academic Evaluation (cost is generally $195, but coupons can be found on our website), parents can meet with me to discuss the results, and then students can work in the time while schools are closed (and beyond, if necessary). Interested parties should reach out to our call center at (703)-670-9997 for more information and to make an appointment.
- Our hours of operation are Monday through Thursday from 9am until 8pm, Friday from 9am until 1pm, Saturday from 9am until 3pm and Sunday from 12pm until 4pm.”
-Megan Miller, Center Director
The Goddard School in Gainesville
- We are open, appropriately-staffed, and continuing to serve the needs of our community.
- We are adhering to all the guidelines from the CDC, VDH, and VDSS regarding class sizes, social distancing, monitoring of temperatures and other potential symptoms.
- We have increased the frequency of the cleanings we perform throughout the day, and instituted a more rigorous nightly cleaning regimen.
- If you are an essential worker in need of care for your child(ren) aged eight and under, please contact us. We are here to help you help our community.
- We’re open Monday-Friday, 7:30am to 6:00pm
- 571-222-5576 or email@example.com
Sharp Communication Services, Inc.
- Free link: https://www.avaya.com/en/products/cloud/small-business-solutions/spaces-pricing/
- Simply fill out form to get your team and everyone in the same room, no matter where they are: Avaya Spaces is a cloud-based video conferencing and meeting app that supersizes team collaboration online. You create “spaces” for frequent topics and ongoing projects. Team members pop into the spaces to message, meet, share content, and more. Every member sees the action, so nothing is missed, and work keeps moving forward.
- This simple, convenient way to communicate and manage tasks is a step up from individual video conferencing or messaging apps, combining both without the jump to large and expensive platforms. Your entire team works and meets wherever they might be, using any device. From screen sharing to video, voice, and chat with productivity and organizational tools, use Avaya Spaces to get work done. Basic gives voice conference for up to 50 people for remote user and is FREE. If you prefer or need something more robust – there is a small monthly fee, video and conferencing for 200 ($6) or up to 500 end users ($18) is also available. AVAYA is also doing FREE “SPACES” for non profits who are listed in charitynavigator.org (for ex: Chamber member; GFWC Dominion WOmans Club is user)
Milrich Virtual Professionals, llc
- “We are a virtual assistant company and have been providing remote work to clients for over 10 years. If anyone needs assistance with figuring out how to work from home – I’m happy to offer a free call or email to offer suggestions. If anyone needs additional remote assistance during this time, we are also offering reduced rates to new clients. Please feel free to reach out” – firstname.lastname@example.org
Fairfield by Marriott Potomac Mills
- Our hotel is going to offer a day use rate for people that are working from home because they can’t go into their office but with the kids can’t get anything done so we are going to offer them a sleeping room to use for some quiet time away from their house to get some work done.
Hampton Inn Hotel – Manassas
- Have an important conference call or a big project to finish? We are offering a day rate guestroom for $51.00 plus tax to use as office space between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. Each guestroom is equipped with complimentary wireless internet, a desk, and a refrigerator. Please call 703.369.1100 to make your reservation today!
- Offering to help haul food and supplies to those in need. This company has previously assisted The House of Mercy to transport food (turkeys) and toys as pictured:
Xiao-Yin Byrom and the Tang’s team
- Xiao-Yin and her team of seamstresses have started making face masks which we intend to donate to first responders.
- We can also make gowns for a minimum price. Just enough to pay staff.
- Please let us know how we can help.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, KO has re-tooled the distillery from crafting award-winning spirits to producing much-needed hand sanitizer (Bare Knuckle Hand Sanitizer). We are prepared to produce and distribute approximately 1,500 gallons of hand sanitizer per week for the remainder of the COVID-19 crisis and beyond. To place your order, visit https://kodistilling.
- Senior Link: These are simple five to ten minute calls to home-bound seniors to check in to see how they are doing, offer services, or simply to provide personal contact. The demand for these is likely to increase (as we will be advertising the service), and we do not expect to be able to meet the demand with current staff and volunteer levels.
- It requires very little training to make these types of calls – the are NOT crisis calls.
- These calls can be made from either our Manassas or Dumfries offices. As the only other people in these buildings will be administration, social distancing will be easy to accommodate.
- Kate Long, our Helpline Director, will coordinate this operation (email@example.com).
- Similarly, we expect demand for food to increase. The majority of our regular Hunger Prevention Program volunteers are seniors and will not be coming in. Volunteers will be needed to prepare bags of food for clients and others to make home deliveries.
- We have expanded our food pick-up hours to 9:00-3:00 Monday through Friday (closed for lunch 11:30-12:30). Clients will simply need to check in and pick up their bags. They will do this at the garage door, so no one will be coming into a closed office. To do this efficiently, we need to continually be pre-bagging food.
- We are also offering to expand our grocery home delivery program. This will require additional staff/volunteers to make deliveries. Except in those instances where recipients are physically unable to handle the bags themselves, we will be leaving the groceries at the front door. Background checks are necessary to deliver to people’s homes.
- Shirley Couteau, our Volunteer Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) will coordinate scheduling.
Comfort Keepers Manassas
- PWC Chamber, If members have loved ones in Assisted Living or Nursing Homes or similar group conditions and:
- Social distancing is not optimal;
- The environment may be too risky for seniors until conditions improve; and
- Would like to have the care provided in the home-
- We may be able to offer some in home care options with discounted pricing, etc.
- During these tough times Trillium Center has changed from an in-person center to phone service. With that in mind, we are offering a warmline, where people can call in simply to chat or receive support. We also have a Facebook Trillium Virtual Center. We are also offering conference call groups.
Paramount Senior Living *Requesting Assistance*
- Paramount Senior Living Center are in need/accepting homemade masks for the entire staff of 60! Currently a nurse, on top of her normal duties of senior support, is making masks but could use the support of the community. If you can make masks please reach out to Maria Franklin, Email: email@example.com to make arrangements for receiving masks.
SaVida Health of Woodbridge
- SaVida Health remains open in Woodbridge and our 20 other locations in Virginia, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine. Our Office Based Addiction Treatment Model is conducive to Tele-Health so we continue to serve our patients. We would certainly be amenable to helping anyone in the greater Prince William area who may need our services during these challenging times. I am including a link to our website and our local contact information:
BrightStar Care of Leesburg and Gainesville
- In these unprecedented times, many of our colleagues are finding caregiving staffs stretched thin, call-offs and unexpected vacancies occurring. To assist you in these circumstances, BrightStar Care also offers medical staffing services. Our team includes trained and experienced people who are ready to work in several capacities (RNs, LPNs, CNAs, HHAs and Caregivers to name a few). As usual, we’re answering our phones 24/7 and can often react on short notice to fill your staffing needs.
- The first step is putting a simple agreement in place, so that when an opening occurs all you have to do is pick up the phone and let us know your requirements. Then we get right to work filling your needs. Having this agreement in place puts you under no obligation until work is performed.
- Patient First now provides drive-up COVID-19 testing at its locations along Garrisonville Road near I-95 and on Liberia Avenue in Manassas. Testing is by appointment only.
- Patient First has launched its new Telehealth service, making it even more convenient to visit a Patient First physician. Patients in Virginia can now access a Patient First physician through their smart phone, tablet, or computer.
- Contact Brooke Waller at 571-540-1594 or brooke.waller@patientfirst.
com for interviews.
NOVA Veterans Association
- NOVA Veterans is distinct in how we support our veterans in need. We focus on the most vulnerable veterans; the elderly, low-income, and health-challenged. We provide personal, one-on-one coordinated care and support using our comprehensive network of vetted and proven local resource partners. Our partners focus on the critical areas of safety, essential needs, healthcare, housing, legal, transportation, finance, employment, family/caregiver support, and other social determinants of health. This approach supports veteran and family empowerment, positively impacting their health and wellbeing and providing steps for the veteran’s easy involvement to improve her/his quality of life. NOVA Veterans is the only organization in Virginia with the specific mission of supporting our most vulnerable veterans by coordinating services and providing case management until all needs are met.
- Visit our website www.novavets.org or contact our Director of Services Melissa Dargis through email: Melissa@NOVAVETS.ORG or phone: 703-659-0852
- Resource for military and veteran families that need connection to services.
- ServingTogether, affiliated with AmericaServes, is coordinating a network of health and human service organizations in the National Capital Region by utilizing a technology platform and provider network to connect veterans, service members and their families efficiently and effectively to the appropriate services and resources which meet their needs.
Accounting & Tax Services INC.
- Mandy Smiedt, EA is willing to assist chamber members fill out the PPP application, as the payroll calculation can be complicated and I have a very good understanding of it.
- The way it works is that there is no cost to the applicant but when they apply they will tell the lender that I helped them fill out the application and the lender will pay me an agent fee, it does not come out of their loan, it comes from the lender. So it’s a win-win for all of us.
- Washington Gas has suspended disconnects, in an effort to help customers.
- The Virginia State Corporation Commission subsequently issued an Order suspending disconnects for 60 days.
HomeTowne Auto Repair & Tire
- Offering free shuttle service and pickup and delivery service.
- Free oil changes and state inspections for hospital staff and first responders.
Steve’s Auto Repair & Tire
- Offering free shuttle service and pickup and delivery service.
- Free oil changes and state inspections for hospital staff and first responders.
AAA – Manassas
- AAA is introducing a new product to offer our local heroes a little peace of mind as they work to keep our communities safe and healthy. Available through the end of the year, the new offer for first responders and healthcare professionals includes 50% off primary dues for new Members and Car Care savings and one free associate membership for existing Members.
- New Members
- 50% off Primary dues (all membership levels)
- Classic Regular $69 .00 – First Responder $34.50
- Plus Regular $107.50 – First Responder $53.75
- Premier Regular $144.50 – First Responder $72.25
- First associate membership FREE
- 50% off second or more associate memberships
- Standard renewal dues at first renewal
- 50% off Primary dues (all membership levels)
- ALREADY A MEMBER?
- One FREE associate membership
- Standard renewal dues at next renewal
- Join AAA today: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National University is proud to support public safety agencies nationwide by offering personnel sworn and non-sworn a 25% Tuition Scholarship for over 75 flexible degree programs.
- As a public safety employee, you can earn an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree or certification in fields such as criminal justice, homeland security, and public administration.
- Plus, your spouse and dependents also receive a 25% Tuition Scholarship if enrolled by June 30, 2020.
- Contact: Eduardo E Leardo III, Director, Military & VA Programs
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (703) 357-3880
Town of Occoquan
- As of today some Occoquan restaurants have closed completely. Others remain open. Most are offering curbside, pick-up to go. This is already in place for Third Base, Grind N Crepe, Bar J Chili, Bann Thai, and the Spot. Others like Madigan’s, the Secret Garden Cafe, the Tap Room, the Virginia Grill (all still open) and D’Rocco’s are considering offering the service soon. The Town is working to reserve parking spaces for curbside, pick-up to go customers for those restaurants who need it.
- Business and Employee Relief
- A number of business owners have contacted me requesting information on potential federal, state, and county loan or tax deferral programs available to assist small businesses during this time. I have been in touch either directly with our elected representatives at all three levels, or their offices, and they are all working to secure assistance or implement relief policies through the relevant agencies. While the federal government is working on providing such aid through the Small Business Administration (click here for the SBA’s COVID-19 web site), Virginia is not yet one of the eligible areas. Occoquan District Supervisor Kenny A. Boddye has a page on his website (https://occoquandistrict.net/covid19-resources-county-response/) dedicated to updates and resources on COVID-19 where he plans to post information on business relief when such information becomes available. Dominion Virginia Power, PWCSA, and Washington Gas have all suspended disconnection actions during this period. At the Town level I have asked the Town Attorney to investigate whether or not the Town has the authority to defer BPOL tax payments (currently due May 1) and will be raising this issue with the Town Council.
- For employees the Commonwealth of Virginia has waived the normal waiting period for those seeking to file unemployment claims. This is available to individuals who have been laid off or have had their hours reduced as a result of COVID-19. Information on this is available at http://www.vec.virginia.gov/node/11699.
- Lastly, please do not hesitate to reach out to me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by my personal cell phone (571-276-8695), if you have any questions or concerns.
Town of Occoquan: Food Drive
- As you are aware, during the COVID-19 pandemic local food banks are experiencing significant shortages. On Saturday, April 4, the Town of Occoquan will again be operating a food drive from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. to support the Good News Community Kitchen in Occoquan and the ACTS Hunger Prevention Center. Food may be delivered to the cul-de-sac at the northwestern end of Mill Street in the Town of Occoquan between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Volunteers at that location may be wearing homemade cloth masks or face shields. Please note that this does not mean those individuals have the virus. For those who may not be following the discussion of masks on television or elsewhere, such homemade masks or face shields do not protect the wearer from getting the COVID-19 virus. They may, however, prevent those individuals from inadvertently sneezing, coughing, etc. in someone’s direction. In short, volunteers wearing such things are taking extra precautions for the safety of those dropping off food. When making donations you may place them yourself in the area to which you are directed or volunteers will remove the food from your vehicle at your instruction.
- Those who prefer can leave donations on their own porch, steps, walkway, or yard and have it picked up any time between now and 2:00 p.m. on the 4th. If you choose this option, please complete this form so that we can schedule our pickup accordingly.
- Items most in need are jelly, hot and cold cereal, rice, soup, tomatoes (sauced/diced/crushed), and frozen/canned/bagged beans and vegetables. Another way you can help alleviate the shortages in our local food pantries is to contribute online by donating funds to ACTS through this link, or if you are on Facebook by participating in Ococquan District Supervisor Kenny Boddye’s online fundraiser for the Good News Community Kitchen.
- Thank you in advance for your support.
- PuroClean offers a variety of biohazard cleanup services to further reduce the spread of COVID-19 in commercial and residential properties. Each property receives an individual evaluation by a highly trained and certified technician to determine the proper application of an EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectant.
- PuroClean is available 24/7-365 for emergency services. Our staff takes the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously and is committed to doing its part to stop the spread.
- ServiceMaster NCR provides commercial disinfection services for COVID-19 so you can keep your business open. Contact us for a quote 703-212-7000.
- SC Companies is dedicated to helping reduce the spread of COVID-19. We are Experts in Cleaning, Fully Trained in Biohazard Remediation, and an IICRC Certified Firm. We strongly recommend any cleaning treatments for COVID-19 be done by IICRC/ RSA certified remediation firm. Proper cleaning procedures can reduce and limit virus spread, improper cleaning procedures can have the opposite effect. SC Companies is a local and woman-owned and operated firm (not a franchise). We can help businesses currently staffed as well as businesses that are planning to open. Our protocol provides remediation for businesses, community associations, home builders, commercial developers, government offices, schools, and other establishments.
- SC Companies offers two types of COVID-19 Cleaning Services- Basic and Advanced as well as ATP Cleaning Verification. Call or visit us online to learn more about SC Companies and our COVID-19 Cleaning and Testing Services. www.thinkSCfirst.com 703-373-7173. We are here to help. SC Companies Inc is committed to fighting this battle on all fronts and we are making masks for those in need. Please send us an email to service@thinkSCfirst.com
- As the COVID-19 pandemic has played an ever-increasing role in our daily lives, American Pest finds itself in the unique position of having the expertise, manpower, and overall capability to help with disinfecting solutions for a variety of situations and building uses, including commercial buildings like yours.
- With guidance from leaders in the disinfection field, manufacturers, and our corporate headquarters at Anticimex, American Pest has developed a Service Protocol Plan to help combat the spread of this virus and to allow you the peace of mind that you have done everything possible to ensure any workspaces still in use are as safe as possible. We all hope this threat passes as quickly as it came, but until it does, we want to help you to be ready.
- The primary product used in this treatment is called DSV and is produced by the Nisus Corporation. It is a potent virucide and one of few products, to date, that the EPA has deemed effective on having proven efficacy against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19. Other products may be used on telephones, keyboards, and electronics due to their sensitive nature. Treatment/disinfecting for COVID-19 is not going to be effective by just using “run of the mill” store-bought disinfectants!
My Plumber Plus
- We want to help our fellow members with any plumbing, HVAC, or electrical maintenance needed. We are also able to install indoor air quality equipment and motion sensor bathroom fixtures and lighting.
- Facebook Offering: https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/grants?ref=alias
- Unemployment Insurance Update: http://www.vec.virginia.gov/node/11699
- Coronavirus Newsletters(Daily M-F, 6pm)- we know we need to have the latest information to inform our communities. You can subscribe by going to https://www.nbcwashington.com/newsletters and https://www.telemundo44.com/boletin-electronico/
- Faith community
- PPP Blog