Who can post news and events to pwchamber.org?Current members of the Prince William Chamber may post their news and events to the Chamber website at no charge. To learn about this and other benefits of membership, or call 703.368.6600 and talk to our membership team.
Which pages can I post to? Members can post their business news to appear in the newsroom, and their events to the community calendar. These posts will also appear in the @PWBizNews Twitter feed.
How do I log in to post news and events?
- Login: Go to https://pwchamber.org/wp-admin. Enter the user ID and password you were provided by email in May 2013.
- If you did not receive a username or password, click “Register;” it is a link under the login box. Follow the directions for creating a new account. Once your registration is complete, login and follow the instructions below.
- First time users will need to create a profile. Your username cannot be changed.
- Enter a “nickname” of your choosing and set that as your “display ID. “ This ID is the name that will display with your posts. You may want to make it your company name, or a the name of a department within your company. Example: “PW Chamber” could be a general Chamber account, where “PW Chamber Events” could be used for posts made by a specific department within the Chamber.
- Once logged in, you will see a dashboard.
- To add news: In the navigation panel to the left, mouse to “Posts” and then select “Add New.”
- To add events: You will see “Prince William Chamber of Commerce” in the black bar at the top. Click this, then click “Community Calendar” in events. Click the “+” sign at the bottom to get started.
I logged in. How do I add my news to your site?
Not familiar with posting through WordPress? View this short video tutorial.
- In the navigation panel to the left, under “Posts” choose “Add New.”
- Enter the title or headline into the title box, and your main content in the bigger box below.
- You can also add tags–basically, keywords–that describe your post. This helps it to be found in internet searches. Separate each tag by a comma.
- In categories, choose “Twitter.” This adds your post to our online newsroom.
- Once you have completed your post, click “Submit for Approval.” at the top of the right hand navigation panel. Chamber staff will review and publish your post within one business day of submission.
- By default, the title of your post along with a link back to the post will be tweeted to @PWBizNews.
I’m logged in. How do I post my events to the Community Calendar on pwchamber.org?
Here’s a video to show you the process (watch in full screen for best viewing):
- You will see “Prince William Chamber of Commerce” in the black bar at the top of the page. Click this, it will take you to the Chamber’s homepage.
- Click “Community Calendar” in events. Click the “+” sign at the bottom to get started.
- Proceed to fill in the name of the event, the description and, by scrolling down, the date, time and location. After completing a field click “Back” to save and choose other fields.
- You can also add tags–basically, keywords–that describe the event. This helps it to be found in internet searches. Separate each tag by a comma.
- Once you have completed your posts, click “Done.”Chamber staff will review and publish your event. Please Note that posts are approved once a week on Friday.
What is the benefit of posting my company news and events on pwchamber.org?
- Reach–the Chamber site receives nearly 4,000 visits in the average month
- Audience–visitors to our site are interesting in learning more about businesses and activities here in Prince William
- Increased SEO–links back to your website from other established sites help to increase your ranking in the search engines
For questions about your posts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6600.