The Hispanic Council promotes and improves the Hispanic Business community and strengthens their representation in the Chamber by increasing membership participation, identifying and seeking to resolve member business concerns and issues that impact the Hispanic community.
The Council provides a forum for Hispanic businesses to discuss the unique needs of their industry, and to build relationships within the Prince William business communities. Activities of the Council include:
- Hispanic Heritage Month (October): Chamber luncheon with special exhibits and reception.
- Business After Hours event to bring together businesses from the entire community.
- Monthly Guest Speaker Series: Past speakers include representatives from the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security, the Virginia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Mid-Atlantic Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Topics such as immigration reform, tax issues, business/school partnerships and accessing business capital have also been popular with the Council.
- Integrate Hispanic organizations into the mainstream activities of the Chamber.
The Hispanic Business Council meets the 1st Tuesday, monthly from 1:00-2:00 pm at the Chamber Headquarters. Check the online calendar before adding meetings to your calendar.
Council Chair: Diana Paguaga, DeSeguros LLC, diana.paguaga@LNF.com, (571) 594-7134
Vice Chair: Kisha Wilson-Sogunro, City of Manassas – Community Development email@example.com, (703) 257-8240. You can also contact:
Contact Suzanne Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-765-7753 for information about the Council and/or to be added to the distribution list.
You can also network online and find council updates on LinkedIn.
Hispanic Council Year Sponsor:
YOUR LOGO WOULD BE HERE!
Contact Suzanne Lewis for details: 571-765-7753
BELOW IS A LIST OF PAST TOPICS:
- Manassas City Neighborhood Services.
- HOGAR Immigration Services
- Marketing Your Business – Online Social Media
- Financial Planning – Tax Strategies for Services
- International Banking: Lines of Credit, Qualifying for Loans, Licenses
- BEACON – Adult Literacy
- NOVA – Manassas Campus: Global Workforce Development Center
- Elnora Foundation on Sex-Trafficking in Prince William
- Institute on Immigration Research
- HOLA – Hispanic Organization on Leadership & Advancement
- El Periódico Imparcial: The largest Hispanic newspaper in the MD, VA and DC region
- Breaking Cultural Barriers: Improving Communication Skills