Through its Policy Committee the Prince William Chamber explores policy issues that have an impact on business in the region and empowers members to promote a strong economic environment for companies doing business in the Prince William Region. It promotes community assets and educates members and key community leaders on the business opportunities that exist in Prince William.
Additionally, committee members identify important public policy issues at the local, state and federal levels of government, and work to influence positive outcome. Committee efforts also include building relationships with legislative leaders at all levels of government, and helping the wider Chamber membership understand policies that can impact how business is done in Prince William. Policy Committee activities include:
- Advocating on behalf of business through testimonials, letter writing and other communications
- Developing Federal, State and Local Legislative Agendas that identify top priority issues for the year ahead
- Hosting Legislative Receptions at the start and end of each General Assembly session
- Hosting programs on economic trends and opportunities
- Organizing trips to meet with legislators in Richmond, VA
- Alerting businesses to development in key policy areas
Meetings are typically held the 3rd Tuesday of each month, 9:30 am at Chamber Headquarters. All Chamber members are welcome. Contact Ross Snare at 703-618-1422 or email@example.com to learn more.
For in-depth policy priorities, please visit our Advocacy site at http://www.pwchamberadvocate.org/