Student scholarship applications are now being accepted for 2020! Another benefit of your membership!
Scroll to the bottom of this page to fill out the application online. (Submissions due by close of business on 3/9/20)
Through the Prince William Chamber Scholarship Program, your Chamber seeks to support higher education by awarding scholarships to graduating high school seniors who have demonstrated a commitment to both academic success and community involvement. Three (3) scholarships in amounts of up to $2,500 each will be awarded.
BUSINESSES: Be one of the sponsors for the Education & Innovation Summit on April 22nd from 8:00am-10:30am at the Hylton Performing Arts Center NEW Education Wing! Contact Suzanne Lewis to take advantage of this opportunity at 571-765-7753 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Current Chamber member company employee or the dependent of an employee; this includes all staff & teachers from all Prince William County, Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park schools (elementary, middle & high schools).
- Graduating high school senior with plans to enroll in an accredited community college, trade school, college or university;
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to the community.
- Fill out the application online (bottom of this page)
- Resume Essay Form 2020
- Copy of High School Transcript (grades 9 through 1st semester 12th) – NEED NOT BE OFFICIAL
- Resume – Recommend more than bullet list — include a description of activities.
- Teacher Letter of Recommendation – need just 1 from an academic area.
Search pwbizfinder.org for a list of current Chamber members. Completed application packages, including essay, transcripts and recommendation letters, are due to the Chamber no later than 5 pm on March 9, 2020. Finalists will be required to participate in an interview on either March 30th or 31st. Winners will be notified April 2nd and it is required that winners attend the Education and Innovation Summit on April 22nd from 8:00am-10:30am at the Hylton Performing Arts Center, Manassas.
Applicants may want to share these links with the teacher writing their letter of recommendation: “Tips for Writing a Good Recommendation” and “Sample Letter of Recommendation.” These documents were shared courtesy of College Search & Admission Strategies.
Please call 571-765-7753 with questions or email email@example.com.
Special Thanks to Education Vision Partner