Student scholarship applications are now being accepted for 2019! Another benefit of your membership!
Scroll to the bottom of this page to fill out the application online. (Submissions due by close of business on 3/1/19)
Through the Prince William Chamber Scholarship Program, your Chamber seeks to support higher education by awarding scholarships to graduating high school seniors who have demonstrated a commitment to both academic success and community involvement. Three (3) scholarships in amounts of up to $2,500 each will be awarded.
BUSINESSES: Be one of the Scholarship Sponsors and present the check during the Education & Innovation Breakfast on April 24 from 8:00am-10:30am. Bristow Manor Golf Club. (Register Here)! Contact Suzanne Lewis to take advantage of this opportunity at 571-765-7753 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility Criteria Highlights:
- Current Chamber member company employee or the dependent of an employee; this includes staff of all Prince William County, Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park schools (elementary, middle & high schools).
- Graduating high school senior with plans to enroll in an accredited community college, trade school, college or university;
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to the community.
- Fill out the application online (bottom of this page) or download the Scholarship Application 2019
- Resume Essay Form 2019
- Copy of High School Transcript (grades 9 through 1st semester 12th) – NEED NOT BE OFFICIAL
- Resume – Recommend more than bullet list — include description of activities.
- Teacher Letter of Recommendation – need just 1 from an academic area.
Search pwbizfinder.org for a list of current Chamber members. Completed application packages, including essay, transcripts and recommendation letters, are due to the Chamber no later than 5 pm on March 1, 2018. Finalists will be required to participate in an interview on either March 18th or 20nd. Winners will be notified April 5th, and invited to the Education and Innovation Breakfast on April 24th.
Applicants may want to share these links with the teacher writing their letter of recommendation: “Tips for Writing a Good Recommendation” and “Sample Letter of Recommendation.” These documents were shared courtesy of College Search & Admission Strategies.
Please call 703.368.6600 with questions, or email email@example.com.
Special Thanks to Education Vision Partner