“Developing Our Workforce for Today & Tomorrow”
Education & Innovation Committee Sponsor:
YOUR LOGO WOULD BE HERE!
Contact Suzanne Lewis for details: 571-765-7753
The Education & Innovation Committee provides a connection between the business community and educators, building partnerships that enhance the educational experience for students in Prince William County and the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park. Annual activities include:
- Studolarship Scholarship Program: Raises funds and selects the winners for academic scholarships that reward students with a demonstrated commitment to academic success and the community.
- Annual Education & Innovation Event: Spotlights businesses supporting education as it relates to workforce development, STEM, elementary, secondary, and higher education in our region. Also awards academic scholarships of $2,500 each to Student Scholarship Program winners.
- National Young Readers Day: Coordinate volunteers to read at elementary schools throughout Prince William County and the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park. Volunteer as a reader! Contact Michelle Rao: email@example.com
- Speed Networking: Support local high school FBLAs (Future Business Leaders of America) and DECA in conducting a speed networking event that teaches students basic networking and interviewing skills.
- Monthly Spotlight Speaker Series: Meet, learn about, and make connections with businesses and organizations that support education & innovation.
- Work-Based Learning and Career & Technical Education (CTE)
The Committee’s Leadership:
Join us for a meeting! This committee meets the 1st Tuesday monthly from 9:15-10:30 am. Locations vary. Visit the online calendar for the latest meeting information or request to be added to the committee mailing list.