The Community Outreach Committee fosters awareness of key elements of a thriving community ‚ such as education, public health and the arts and builds connections between for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. In this way, the Chamber is able to connect business leaders with opportunities to give back to the community and create a better environment for those who live and work in the greater Prince William region.
- Fostering relationships with community stakeholders and Chamber members to increase effectiveness of Chamber efforts to promote quality of life
- Recommending topics for Chamber events that support the community‚ quality of life
- Monitoring activities that impact quality of life areas by identifying and inviting speakers to present at Committee meetings on key issues.
- Advocating for positions that strengthen quality of life, providing feedback to community decision-makers and stakeholders
The committee is Co-Chaired by Dalena Kanouse of MTCI and Amy Harris of NVCC/SySTEMic Solutions. The group meets the 2nd Tuesday on the even numbered months, at 12:00 PM at Chamber HQ. Visit the online calendar for the latest meeting information. To learn more, email Suzanne Lewis or call 571-765-7753.
Click below to view minutes from recent meetings:
- Meeting 6.11.13 – Cyber Security Protection
- Meeting 4.9.13 – Breaking Through Communication Cultural Barriers
- 2.12.13 Meeting – SySTEMic Solutions
- 12.11.12 Minutes – Giving Back for Holidays & 5 yr Strategic Plan
- 10.19.12 Minutes – Connecting & Increasing Partnerships
- Archived Minutes
Like what you see? Become a pwchamber.org advertiser.