Details Coming Soon!
Tentative Date: Thursday, February 25, 2021
Deadline for Nominations: Friday, December 11, 2020
The Prince William Chamber Business Awards are held annually to honor the best of local businesses. Awards recognize excellence in business, innovative practices, outstanding contributions to the community, and organizations that stand out among their peers. Industry-Specific Awards rotate on an annual basis, shining the spotlight on members in varying industry sectors.
Winners to be announced at the Business Awards Ceremony tentatively scheduled for Thursday, February 25, 2021.
All nominees should meet the following basic requirements:
- To be recognized, a nominee must be a PW Chamber member in good standing
- Must be a viable, ongoing business which has maintained stability over its business life
- Excellent reputation in the community
- Nomination received by deadline identified above
Please consider that all businesses have had to pivot and adjust due to challenging circumstances of COVID-19. Please include how the nominees have faced today’s challenges.
2021 Award Categories
Excellence in Small Business (1-10 Employees)
- Awarded to a member business that displays overall outstanding contributions to the Chamber and/or to the business community—please list contributions, business growth, success story or something they’re most proud of on nomination form.
Business Excellence (11 + Employees)
- Awarded to a member business of at least 11 employees or more that displays overall outstanding contributions to the Chamber and/or to the business community—please list contributions, business growth, success story or something they’re most proud of on nomination form.
- Awarded to a business that has been in business at least 1 and no more than 2 years, and has made outstanding contributions to the Chamber and local community. The number of employees is not significant.
Innovative Practice or Partnership of the Year
- Awarded to a member business, not-for-profit organization or government entity which has demonstrated outstanding vision and groundbreaking solutions in the last year. May also be awarded green practices or for the establishment of a unique partnership resulting in an innovative program or service.
Community Outreach Award
- Awarded to a for-profit member business in recognition for their outstanding support of the community, and not-for-profit organizations, through volunteer hours, in-kind goods and services, philanthropic support and corporate policy that stipulates and encourages community involvement.
2021 Industry Awards Categories
Innovation in Hospitality & Tourism Award
- COVID-19 has challenged the hospitality & tourism industry like no other industry. Restaurants, Hotels, and other businesses have had to pivot and be innovative on how to make their business not only survive but also thrive in a limiting environment. This award will be presented to a member business or individual that has shown strength and innovation during these challenging times, use their creativity to stand out and encourage consumers to come out and contribute to the local community. Please include a testimonial from a customer.
Tech Company of the Year
- COVID-19 has challenged all industries to be innovative and set their best foot forward. This award will go to a member business or individual that displays outstanding contributions in the areas of science, technology or STEM education; contributions to the local community may be considered. Please list contributions on nomination form.
2021 Community Service Awards Categories
- Agnes L. Colgan Community Service Awards
- Awarded to 2 not-for-profit organizations making a demonstrable positive contribution to the quality of life in the Greater Prince William region. Each award is accompanied by a check for $1,000 to continue the winner’s work. May apply in one of two categories: Arts & Education or Health & Human Services.
- *This is the only Business Award that the Not-for-Profit organization does not have to be a PW Chamber member.
2021 Charles J. Colgan Visionary Award
- This award is awarded to an individual who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership, included but not limited to their own organization. This individual should be known as an innovator, a great partner, a visionary and an advocate for their community and beyond.
- Nominations are received from the Chamber Board of Directors and the winner of the award is selected by the Chamber Executive Committee.
2021 People’s Choice Award *New this Year*
- Any person or Company that is nominated for a 2021 Prince William Chamber of Commerce Business Award will also be nominated for the People’s Choice Award. Nominees Logos or Photos will be shared in a single Facebook Post requesting likes or reactions as votes. The individual or company with the most ‘votes’ will win the People’s Choice Award.
- Participants are encouraged to share the post requesting votes at their discretion. Only Likes or Reactions on the photo in the Chamber’s Facebook post will be counted as a vote and not the likes of individual’s shared post.
- The individual who wins the People’s Choice Award is still eligible to win other Business Awards at the 2021 Prince William Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Business Growth Vision Partner: