At the Prince William Chamber of Commerce, we seek the best talent to help build the region’s leading business organization. Chamber employees enjoy a collaborative environment, opportunities for professional growth and the ability to make a positive impact on the greater Prince William community!
Membership Engagement Specialist
Reports to: Membership Development Director
Purpose: The Membership Engagement Specialist will actively promote the Chamber and support its Mission and Vision. The MES is charged with working with the Membership Development Director to develop a complete member retention program that promotes membership engagement in Chamber programs, activities and initiatives resulting in an increase in membership through retention of existing members. The MES will also assist the Membership Development Director with sales of sponsorships and advertising as well as membership sales.
- Work with Membership Development Director and the Ambassador Committee on first year engagement and renewals;
- Manage the members’ experience by designing a high touch plan consisting of pre-planned interactions with members that include phone calls, emails, face-to-face dialogue, surveys and focus groups;
- Manage monthly renewal tracking and collections to maintain a minimum of a 75% monthly retention rate;
- Serve as an “information resource” regarding programs, opportunities, benefits and generally provide a high level of member satisfaction;
- Identify at-risk members through analysis of member involvement and other areas of engagement;
- Manage the monthly renewal invoice process: work with the Administrative Assistant and Finance Director to ensure that he renewal invoices are mailed out no later than the 1st of every month;
- Maintain database with updated membership information as well as number of contacts and pertinent communications;
- Recruit a minimum of 2 new members per month;
- Assist the Membership Development Director with identifying & selling sponsorships;
- Interact with members at Chamber events;
- Other duties as assigned to included administrative duties.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of general business principles and practices
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player/Goal Oriented
- General knowledge of database usage
- Experience in customer service or sales
- Ability to develop systems and/or processes
To apply, please send your resume to Kris Johnson, Membership Development Director, at email@example.com
The Prince William Chamber offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including:
- Major Medical Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Aflac Plans
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
*The Prince William Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.