There are currently 2 openings at the Prince William Chamber.
Director of Government Relations
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, this position manages the Prince William Chamber of Commerce’s Government Relations program, the newly formed Prince William Chamber Political Action Committee, and is responsible for advancing the organization’s public policy agenda and maintaining the Chamber as the premier advocate for, and voice of the Prince William business community.
Duties/Areas of Focus
- Manage and direct the Chamber’s strategic Policy Committee program;
- Manage and direct the Chamber’s Political Action Committee;
- Represent the Chamber’s interests before elected and appointed leaders at the local, state and federal levels of government;
- Establish effective strategic relationships with key local, state and federal government elected and appointed leaders;
- Develop testimony, op-ed columns, letters, press releases and other communications that effectively advance the Chamber’s public policy priorities;
- Maintain PW Chamber Advocate.org newsletter and Policy emails
- Work with the organization’s key staff and leadership to develop a strategic communications program in support of the Chamber’s public policy priorities;
- Coordinate public-private partnerships that will advance the Chamber’s strategic priorities;
- Serve as a registered lobbyist.
- Develop, articulate, communicate and represent the Chamber’s Public Policy Agenda and strategic initiatives;
- Remain accessible to Prince William Chamber members;
Specific Functions Performed
- Support the Policy Committee, with duties that include: coordinate meeting agenda development, information distribution, speaker scheduling, develop correspondence, keep and distribute meeting notes;
- Research and analyze legislation of interest to the business community;
- Attend and serve as official Chamber liaison at appropriate meetings of the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park, Prince William County and the Commonwealth of Virginia;
- Maintain liaison with regional authorities, (i.e. Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority);
- Maintain strong contact with local elected officials;
- Maintain close liaison with members of the General Assembly and serve as regular contact for Chamber;
- Maintain liaison with members of Congress and their staff;
- Coordinate periodic legislative updates for Chamber members;
- Support the Policy Committee’s work to develop the Chamber’s public policy agenda;
- Plan and coordinate candidate briefings prior to each election;
- Work with Chairman of Policy Committee to accomplish the Chamber’s objectives;
- Present a department report at the monthly Board of Directors meeting;
- Increase the Chamber’s representation on local boards and commissions;
- Responsible for working with the Events Director to develop programs that increase non dues revenue;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President & CEO.
Please submit resumes and a writing sample to email@example.com by Monday, August 4, 2014.
Event Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Director of Events
The Event Marketing Specialist is responsible for promoting, marketing and assisting with events and programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the Chamber’s Director of Events and the marketing team to execute the marketing plan for Chamber events
- Coordinate the writing of press releases
- Coordinate input to print media
- Communicate with event sponsors to ensure satisfaction with benefits
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Other duties as assigned
Typical Working Conditions
Office environment and work at off-site locations such as conference centers. Some weekends and evenings required. Position requires some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Analytical skills
- Adept at learning new skills
- Flexibility; openness to a variety of work and skill levels
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize workload
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High energy level
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 4, 2014.
At the Prince William Chamber of Commerce, we seek the best talent to help build the region’s leading business organization. Chamber employees enjoy a collaborative environment, opportunities for professional growth and the ability to make a positive impact on the greater Prince William community!
The Prince William Chamber offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including:
- Major Medical Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Aflac Plans
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
*The Prince William Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.