At the Prince William Chamber of Commerce, we seek the best talent to help build the region’s leading business organization. Chamber employees enjoy a collaborative environment, opportunities for professional growth and the ability to make a positive impact on the greater Prince William community!
Now Hiring : Events Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
The Events Coordinator is responsible for the detailed planning and execution of Chamber events.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan all aspects of each event to include programming, agendas/scripts, speakers, activities, venue, catering and decorations.
- Compile detailed timelines and check lists for all events.
- Create & monitor event budgets and working with other staff members to ensure success.
- Coordinate Event staffing including volunteers.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing & Communications on event descriptions and promotions.
- Work closely with staff to ensure all sponsor benefits are fulfilled.
- Manage (and grow) Event Working Committees comprised of member volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typical Working Conditions
Office environment and work at off-site locations such as conference centers. Some weekends and evenings required. Position requires some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and lifting up to 30 lbs.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work within budget.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Analytical skills.
- Adept at learning new skills.
- Flexibility; openness to a variety of work and skill levels.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High energy level.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, July 2, 2015.
The Prince William Chamber offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including:
- Major Medical Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Aflac Plans
- Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
*The Prince William Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.