WOODBRIDGE, VA – Participating in the annual Bike to Work Day is a breeze if your home and workplace are only a few miles apart, but what if you have a much longer commute? Let OmniRide help!
Bike to Work Day is Friday, May 18. Ride your bike to a nearby bus stop that day and then hop on an OmniRide express or local bus to complete your commute! OmniRide local buses and those that serve the Metro stations feature exterior bike racks so you can take your bike with you at no additional charge! OmniRide express buses traveling to points in Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. don’t have bike racks, but bicycle amenities are available at these commuter lots:
- Dale City
- Horner Road
- Telegraph Road
- Lake Ridge at Minnieville Road
- Old Bridge Road and Route 123
- PRTC Transit Center
- Route 123 and I-95
- Route 234 and Route 1
- Cushing Road
The first 20,000 to register for Bike to Work Day and stop at one of the many pit stops in D.C., Maryland and Virginia, will receive a free T-shirt and refreshments, and be entered into a raffle for a new bicycle. The local pit stop locations and hours are:
- Dumfries – Dumfries Town Hall/ Community Center, 17755 Main Street, 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Haymarket – Haymarket Bicycles, 4414 Costello Way, 6 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Manassas – George Mason University, Freedom Center Boulevard & University Boulevard, 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Manassas – Kelly Leadership Center at the intersection of the Route 234 bike trail, 6 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Manassas – Manassas VRE station, 9431 West Street, 6 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Manassas Park – Palisades Apartments, 8100 Palisades Circle on Manassas Drive (near Manassas Park VRE Station), 6 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Woodbridge – Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center, near the intersection of the Prince William Parkway bike trail, 6 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Woodbridge – Rippon Landing VRE station, 15511 Farm Creek Drive, 6 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Woodbridge – Tackett’s Mill Commuter Lot, Tackett’s Mill Drive and Minnieville Road, 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Woodbridge – Woodbridge VRE station, 1040 Express Way, 6 a.m. – 9 a.m.
So get your bicycle ready and join in on the fun! For more information about Bike to Work Day and to see transit maps, schedules, and a listing of which bus routes serve each commuter lot, visit PRTCtransit.org.
The Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC), operating as OmniRide, provides express and local bus services as well as ridesharing services in Prince William County, the City of Manassas and the City of Manassas Park. It also co-sponsors the Virginia Railway Express in partnership with the Northern Virginia Transportation Commission.