The Health & Wellness Council of the Prince William Chamber of Commerce promotes wellness within the workplace and the community by connecting businesses and individuals with preventative measures and services available to improve health and quality of life. The Council works to strengthen the representation of health-related companies within the Chamber, to address quality of life issues and the Policy Committee to identify and address health care policy issues.
Council membership is open to any Prince William Chamber member with an interest in promoting health within the greater Prince William community. Members are also welcome to bring guests and introduce them to the benefits of Chamber membership.
Health & Wellness Council meetings are held periodically in order to collaborate resources for regional expos, planning events related to health & wellness issues, and discussing advocacy issues. Meetings are held at Chamber HQ. Before adding a meeting to your schedule, please check the online calendar for the most up-to-date information, or call 703-368-6600. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to get on the distribution list.
Below is a list of recent topics:
- Wellness in the Workforce – 3 Part Series
- Prince William Greater Community Health Center: Presentation of the National Health Advocacy Award to Congressman Connolly.
- Healthcare Policy Breakfasts – The Affordable Care Act
- Management Technologies – Health & Medical Records
- Cardiovascular Disease Causes & Effect
- The Balancing Act: Too Much To Do in So Little Time
- Live Well! Project: Inspiring a Healthier Region
- Coping With Grief and the Care-Giving of Loved Ones
- The State of Health & Wellness in Prince William
- Integrative Health Care Design
- Detoxifying Your Body, on the Inside and Outside
- Healthier Alternatives for Headaches, Back Pain, Migraines and Head Trauma
- Exercise And Behavioral Strategies