Date: February 10, 2017
Contact: Andrea Short, Director of Marketing & Communications
Prince William Chamber of Commerce
Chamber Launches New Workshop Series featuring Nationally-Recognized Speakers
VISIBILITY 2017: How to Stand Out & Make the Most of Your Marketing
Manassas, VA- The Prince William Chamber of Commerce has teamed up with inventor and PR maven Christina Daves, digital strategist Karen Yankovich and Northern Virginia’s leading news, sports, traffic and weather website, InsideNOVA.com to present a brand new series of interactive training workshops entitled VISIBILITY 2017. Designed to help businesses rapidly gain exposure, increase revenue and see a greater return on their marketing and PR efforts, the series kicks off on Tuesday, February 21 with “More Visibility = More Customers = More Profits,” taught by Daves and Yankovich. All sessions will be held at Prince William Chamber of Commerce, located at 9720 Capital Court, Suite 203 in Manassas, Virginia. The series culminates with a half-day seminar entitled, “Meet the Media,” on May 24.
Each session in the VISIBILITY 2017 series is two hours and thirty minutes long. Two distinct sessions, one taught by InsideNOVA and one taught by Daves and Yankovich, will repeat at varying times to allow interested business leaders the opportunity to make the series work with their schedules.
About the Presenters:
Karen Yankovich is a Social Media Brand Strategist, Business Consultant, Speaker and the CEO of Uplevel Media, LLC. Having “been there and done that” in the arena of losing (and then re-finding) a focused approach to business and life, Karen offers coaching and consulting for entrepreneurs. A social media and LinkedIn Evangelist, Karen guides entrepreneurs to creating wealth by combining smart business practices with simple proven systems that develop and maintain strong customer relationships. She offers results oriented and expert Conversational Marketing strategies that position her clients to bring in instant results. Karen’s background includes over twenty years in the fields of information technology, marketing, and customer relationships, making social media her ideal niche.
Christina Daves has been an entrepreneur for over 20 years; with a knack for discovering niche markets from service industries to consumer goods. Most recently she is the designer and manufacturer of MediFashions, award-winning accessories to make medical devices fashionable. It was her work starting CastMedic Designs that led her to discover the power of PR, which she now shares through workshops, her book (PR for Anyone) and the business she co-founded with Yankovich, Get Seen-Be Heard. After manufacturing and market research, says Daves, “I had no budget left for a PR campaign so I had to teach myself everything I could about the industry. I never even had a communications class in college so I had a lot to learn. I read every book and article I could find and scoured the Internet for information. In less than a year, I was able to receive extensive media coverage including three appearances on The Steve Harvey Show, appearances on Dr. Oz and local news affiliates of NBC, CBS, and FOX, numerous print and internet publications as well as radio interviews.”
About the Presentations:
“More Visibility = More Customers = More Profits,” taught by Daves and Yankovich: Stop marketing like its 1999! Discover what business are using TODAY for maximum visibility. Using visuals backed by hard numbers, our presenters will guide your business into a much-needed digital presence that couples with a strong stance in your local media market creating massive exposure and credibility. Discover their 3-Phase approach to visibility success:
- SOCIAL MEDIA. These days, social media is the start of the sales funnel, so having a strategy for social media marketing efforts is vital. They will cover list-building tactics using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and how to actually gauge what is working for maximum impact.
- PUBLICITY. Learn the difference between advertising and free publicity and discover the credibility associated with “earned media” (and what that means for your organization). They will share a proven, 3-pronged approach to media relations, complete with examples of how to think outside the box and standout from the crowd for publicity success.
- BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER. Using social media and PR TOGETHER leads to massive success. Discover how to find influencers online, how best to connect with them and how to provide value to them so that you become a welcome member of their tribe.
Woven together with real-life applications throughout, this workshop will set you on the path to capitalizing on social media marketing and PR opportunities that you never knew were available. Don’t miss out!
“Market Like You Mean It,” taught by the staff at InsideNOVA: Get smart about marketing! You want to see your stories published, your events covered…your praises sung, right? Dovetailing with the session taught by Karen and Christina, the team from InsideNOVA will show you local sources for getting your news and information published and how to go about it. Taking a hands-on tactical approach they will answer questions like: What do local media outlets look for? Are there some hard and fast rules for getting media coverage? They will also cover:
- MARKETING: All businesses need to market themselves. Our presenters will show you how to build marketing into your budget and business plan (no matter your size).
- DRIVING RESULTS: Using survey data they have collected from consumers and clients, our presenters will show you how consumers view different media. You CAN know your audience and how to effectively target them with your advertisements.
- PROS & CONS: Each form of media has unique advantages. Objectively view how each media type works, how they are priced, and how to determine what’s right for meeting the needs of your organization.
- IS THIS AD ANY GOOD? Do you know what makes an ad good or bad? Our presenters will show you LOTS of examples and go over how effective they are. If you’re going to spend money on marketing, make sure you are spending wisely and driving results!
The Chamber’s webpage promoting the series recommends “choosing one session taught by Christina and Karen, one session taught by the crew from InsideNOVA and rounding out your training with the Meet the Media event on May 24.” Interested parties may register for the 3-pack for the special discounted price of $70 (a $20 savings since attendance at Meet the Media is $40+). To purchase that option, contact Anita Duecaster at 571-765-1874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Individual sessions are $25 each. Pricing includes light refreshments and materials. Registration for individual sessions is available at http://pwchamber.org/business-resources/visibility2017/.
VISIBILITY 2017 SCHEDULE:
2/21/17…..3:30-6:00 p.m., taught by Christina Daves & Karen Yankovich, “More Visibility=More Customers=More Profits”
3/2/17…..8:30-11:00 a.m., taught by InsideNOVA, “Market Like You Mean It”
3/21/17…..2:30-5:00 p.m., taught by Christina Daves & Karen Yankovich, “More Visibility=More Customers=More Profits”
4/6/17…..8:30-11:00 a.m., taught by InsideNOVA, “Market Like You Mean It”
5/4/17…..8:30-11:00 a.m., taught by Christina Daves & Karen Yankovich, “More Visibility=More Customers=More Profits”
For more information on “Meet the Media,” and how your organization can develop greater and more mutually beneficial relationships with members of the news media, contact Andrea Short: email@example.com.